Museum Night Fever will take place on Saturday 19 October 2024 in 33 Brussels museums.
For this occasion, Brussels Museums, in collaboration with the museums, is looking for young Brussels artists, collectives, students, and art schools, from all backgrounds and disciplines, to animate the museum spaces during the event.
Who can participate?
- Any person (artist, student…) or organization (collective, cultural association, youth center, art school) who lives in Brussels.
- individuals aged between 16 and 35 years old (or who produce artists between 16 and 35 years old)
- All artistic disciplines are accepted: dance, performance, music, circus, slam, VJs, DJs,…
- Any person or organization that wishes to co-construct an artistic project in one of the participating museums: the Museum Night Fever program is based on an artist/museum partnership.
Brussels Museums wants to reflect the diversity of the Brussels art scene in the Museum Night Fever program. We want to give space to voices, people, and artistic proposals that are underrepresented in museums. The event is about accessibility and inclusion. We, therefore, encourage all artists, collectives, and organizations to participate in this call. Because MNF is a partnership between artists and museums, and every individual is unique and may have specific needs, we are ready to set up the necessary measures to best support you and make this night a unique event.
How does it work?
- Fill in the online form before 24 March 2024.
- Brussels Museums collects and centralizes all data.
- Once we have analysed your application, we will get back to you with more detailed information about the organisation of the event and the participating museums.
- A meet & greet will be organised on 28 March 2024 in Brussels (exact time and place to be determined). During this day you will have the opportunity to meet the 33 museums.
What kind of artistic proposals are we looking for?
All disciplines are accepted: visual and plastic arts, dance, performance, music, circus, slam, VJs, DJs, etc. Please note that the artistic proposals must be aimed at a large audience in movement and potentially loud. Moreover, it is important that the proposal can be presented either several times during the evening or continuously to keep the space animated for the visitors during the time window. The public being very diverse, the artistic proposals must be accessible to all, via a non-verbal proposition or multilingualism.
The MNF program is developed in partnership with the museums and must develop a connection with it. The artists can find inspiration in the place, the collections, the exhibitions, or by a theme that the museum would like to address with the public.
The aim is to propose something unique, specifically tailored for Museum Night Fever 2024 in the partnered museum.
More intimate formats, which require a small audience, preparation by the public, or specific bookings for the activity, are not appropriate for the event. To inspire you, here are some examples of last year’s edition, the visitors assisted/participated to: dance workshops, sign-singing, live cooking, open stage, digital installations, pop rock and latino music, jazz concert, screen printing workshop, acrobatic circus, acoustic concerts, poetic interludes, silent disco, drag show, etc.
You can also check our social media account @brusselsmuseums to see some visuals of the event or watch the aftermovie available here.
Some information about Museum Night Fever
Museum Night Fever is a festive nocturnal event organized by Brussels Museums, a non-profit organization that works year around to bring together more than 125 museums in Brussels.
During this unique night, +/- 30 museums open their doors between 7 pm and 1 am to offer a fun, entertaining, and eclectic program in collaboration with young Brussels artists.
Museum Night Fever is an event made by young adults and young adults: the program is aimed at 16-35-years old people and animated by their peers.
A single ticket (€15 in advance) gives access to all participating museums during the evening. This ticket is also valid for a daytime visit to one of the participating museums in the month following the event.
In 2023, more than 17,000 people participated in Museum Night Fever. Each person visited an average of 2 to 3 museums during the evening, resulting in over 64,000 visits. More than 100 Brussels artists and collectives took part in the program in the 33 participating museums.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Meet & greet MNF 2024, 28 March 2024